Validation engineer’s main responsibility is to ensure that the product actually performs its intended functions in its intended environment. He/she provides the product validation strategy and execute/lead the validation activities (debugging, functional evaluation and characterization) according to BL standards and in agreed project timeline.
- Discuss with product architect, design engineer or lead validation engineer how a system or product requirement should be validated. This includes test cases, hardware configuration, specifications and limitations;
- Define test set-up both hardware and software required to implement each test case;
- Test Hardware and Software development;
- Test set-up release according to required capability (reproducibility and reproducibility) and test time;
- Execute product validation according to plan;
- Using data analysis tools, handle large measurement data and provide clear overview of product performance against specifications;
- Provide clear analysis and conclusions on the compliancy of the product against the defined requirements;
- Contribute in delivering BiC infrastructures for silicon validation (Accuracy, Time to Market, Coverage, Traceability);
- Contribute in the System and Product Validation Roadmap;
- Review and support deliverables of other disciplines within the project.