This role manages buying operations activities as well as local sourcing activities in a region in order to create a lean end-to-end support for the factory services category, and more specifically for services such as Facility Services, MRO and forklift trucks for several sites and/or countries across Mars segments (such as Mars Wrigley Confectionary, Petcare, Food).
He/she works closely with the sourcing managers and is responsible for the efficient and effective execution of sourcing strategy activities in that region. This temporary role is responsible for identifying and delivering value chain optimization opportunities and ensures that the team acts as the first line of escalation on issues between suppliers and the business, operating the supplier relationship management process with suppliers. Since the person will be member of a remote team of 5 country cluster Factory Services associates, across Western Europe, and work together in a hyper collaborative way. This will require the need to travel (20%) to meet with key stakeholders as well as suppliers across the segments in Europe.
Responsibilities1. Purchase business services by securing price, capacity & service levels in line with commitments to the business and as per the sourcing strategies by applying a wide range of sourcing tools (e.g. negotiation, e-procurement, strategic collaboration, etc.).
2. Implement sourcing strategy. Driving consolidation and efficiency via Integrated Facilities Management implementation. Assess and develop suppliers in order to meet business needs and opportunities.
3. Ensure effective risk management of the supply base, through robust contracts and monitoring of financial and other KPIs. Implement corrective actions as appropriate. Manage all related commercial, financial & ethical aspects of projects.
4. Establish & maintain relationships with Finance, department managers and directors (plant managers, technical managers, R&D, etc) and their teams to ensure understanding of their needs and to facilitate the appropriate level of challenge.
5. Comply with policies, systems & controls
6. Provide market and financial insights and inputs to the internal sourcing process
7. Participate in team knowledge transfer
8. Provide input to and execute Global & Regional MSSM strategies. Implementing locally the global & local MSSM and other major work streams
9. Regularly maintain & update relevant KPIs (related to in scope investments e.g. savings, payment terms etc.)
10. Acts as the liaison between the sites and the sourcing managers / directors to communicate changing business needs (e.g. specification, volume changes, etc.)
11. Works with other functions to support new product launches (for example), and execution of continuous improvement programs for indirect goods and services in scope for the role.
12. Develops & implements a continuous improvement action plan. Monitors changes and adjusts the plan as needed to sustain performance results
13. Identifies and manages supplier collaboration initiatives (e.g. SLA, forecast management, electronic invoicing, operational process streamlining, etc.)
14. Manage all related commercial, financial & ethical in autonomy & will seek for advice in new or complex situations
15. Work in collaboration with other European or Global buying operation managers
16. Influences clients to align with global & regional buying strategy
Our client is a professional organisation, based in Noord-Brabant Netherlands. Mars location Veghel