Financial reporting is the department within Group Accounting that is responsible for collecting, analyzing, judging and consolidating the financial figures, delivered by the reporting units of DSM worldwide, and drawing up the consolidated financial reporting data of DSM. The reported (consolidated) figures are the basis for the annual report of DSM and its quarterly press-releases as well as the regular and ad hoc financial/managerial information for all stakeholders. Financial reporting is also responsible a first analysis, the judgment and the consolidation of the fiscal figures and the preparation of the fiscal declaration for DSM in the Netherlands.
For collecting the required information from all DSM entities as well as for the consolidation and reporting, SAP-SEM is used. The department is split into 2 operational teams, one team with the main focus on system related items, the other team is mainly focused on functional related items. The vacancy is in the team with the focus on functional related items.
You are responsible:
- To participate in the financial and managerial consolidation process and the financial reporting process;
- For collecting, judging of and reporting on the Financial, Fiscal and Managerial (partly) figures of DSM;
- For judging and analyzing financial data and testing on IFRS/DAR compliancy
- To participate in closing steps in order to ensure qualitative financial information (a.o. correction postings, NAV calculations, etc.);
- For delivering the base reports and background info for the annual report, the quarterly press releases, fiscal declaration (NL) and other ad hoc questions;
- To provide feedback to reporting units and BG’s regarding their performance in group reporting and compliancy with corporate requirements; discuss, improve, support and monitor;
- To participate in process development and improvement projects.