The benefits administrator provides excellent customer service and partners with the CoE and the external vendors to deliver quality benefits plans, to improve existing programs admin and to plan & execute operational communications, to monitor benefits administration, as well as to provide analytical and technical support in the delivery of the overall benefit programs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes. Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting.
- Coordinate daily benefits admin processing. Handle enrollments, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims and compliance testing. Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers.
- Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package. Partner with CoE to Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, enrollment, summary plan descriptions and any large-scale changes resulting from legislative change or redesign. Provide training and support to group benefits associates, home office associates and the field staff.
- Partner with CoE and local HR teams to populate benefits data repository.
- Ensure timely governance and expansion of the benefits admin repository.
- Aligning the data of our client with the data that is administered at the vendors. This data check needs to be performed on a routine basis.
- Serve as the primary contact for our client employees with regards to any benefits related questions. Coordinate and inform employees when they are eligible for certain benefits.
- Partner with the project team and the Local HR for any benefits admin related inquiry expansion.
- Perform plan audits. Together with payroll specialist/manager, prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial assessments and data audit. Review data in conjunction with actuarial evaluation task forces.
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration of overall benefits program.
- Provide data and reporting often in collaboration with myHR specialist and Payroll manager to support local HR and CoE Benefits analysis requirements.
- Survey industry trends and complete benefits surveys. Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.